Thursday, February 15, 2007

Prayer & Encouragement...

It's a critical 30 hours folks. In this time Satan will be at work against the 300+ folks who have already committed to this weekend and in the hearts and minds of the people who are still on the fence. So as the local staff team heads to Charlotte this morning to prep for the weekend, we need your prayers to carry those students that we largely cannot encourage and be there for in those next hours. Below is a note I sent to the Carolina students who are attending Greek Conference, if you need a prayer reference point.

It's an honor to see this weekend on the cusp.....

---
As I get ready to head to Charlotte to prepare the hotel for Greek Conference and to lead, as Conference Director, the 90 or so staff and volunteers who will serve you and 200 or so other Greeks this weekend – I just wanted to let you know how excited I am that you all have committed the time and considerable financial investment to Greek Conference. For nine years and 13 Conferences now, this weekend is one where I have seen God work in my life in new, mysterious and exciting ways. I know I didn’t know what it meant to truly follow Christ at Greek Conference ’98, and really didn’t have it figured out in ’97 – but God was bigger than me, my pride, my lifestyle and my questions – and he’s bigger than you as well!

Just know that I have a team of over 150 people praying for you this weekend, so as Satan inevitably tries to through more attractive, or seemingly noble causes at you – know that God has called you to this weekend at this place and at this time on purpose – and he wants to reveal that you throughout the weekend.

I am so moved that God would stir enough spiritual questions and desires in over 45 Carolina Greeks that you would lay down your schedules your studies your social commitments and your right to relax this weekend, to experience growth, community and hopefully Gods presence with your peers.

No comments: